College Council will serve as an advisory group to the Superintendent/President for Board Policies and Administrative Procedures and College goals, plans and priorities. The College Council also acts as a two-way communication vehicle for recommendations and proposals that come through the participatory governance system and serves as a clearinghouse for information.
- Communicate proposed Board Policies, Administrative Procedures, College goals, plans and priorities to the respective governance bodies.
- Represent the respective governance bodies by making recommendations to the Superintendent/President regarding proposed Board Policies and Procedures, and College goals, plans and priorities.
- Serve as the participatory governance "umbrella" committee over the standing governance committees of the Participatory Governance System.
- Serve as a clearinghouse.
- Establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations. Disseminate information to the respective constituencies in a timely manner.
- Review the Board of Trustees Agenda.
- 3 Academic Senate members including the Academic Senate president, vice president, and secretary. The Academic Senate president may appoint a designee from the Academic Senate. (revised April 2018)
- 3 classified staff including the Classified Senate president, vice president and secretary. In the absence of both the Classified Senate president and Classified Senate vice president, the Classified Senate president will appoint another designee from the elected classified senators. (revised April 2018)
- 2 voting members from the ASCOM board will be appointed to College Council, in addition to 1 student from the ESCOM organization. (revised April 2018)
- 3 managers appointed by the Superintendent/President
- The Superintendent/President will serve as the non-voting chair
David Wain Coon, Superintendent/President, Spring 2011
Faculty Members (Pending for 2019/2020)
Meg Pasquel, Academic Senate President, appointed Fall 2017
Becky Brown, Academic Senate, appointed Fall 2012
Karen Robinson, Academic Senate, appointed Fall 2018
Classified Professionals (Pending for 2019/2020)
Kim Foulger, Classified Senate President, appointed Fall 2017
Maridel Barr, Classified Senate Vice President, appointed Spring 2018
Monica Applegate, Classified Senate Secretary, appointed Fall 2018
Ex-Officio for CSEA
Keli Gaffney, CSEA President, Spring 2016
Hellen Sigaran, ASCOM President, appointed Spring 2018
Fernando Sanchez Lopez, ASCOM Vice President, appointed Spring 2019
Luanne Mullen, ESCOM President, appointed Fall 2017
Jonathan Eldridge, Senior Vice President of Student Learning & Student Services, appointed Spring 2013
Greg Nelson, Vice President of Finance and College Operations, appointed Fall 2013
Mia Robertshaw, General Counsel, appointed Spring 2019
President's Cabinet, Isidro Farias
Micol Benet, Executive Assistant to Superintendent/President and Board, appointed Fall 2019