The Governance Review Council will monitor and evaluate the governance process to ensure that:
- the system’s processes are open and transparent;
- governance committees adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Participatory Governance System Plan;
- committees fulfill their charges effectively;
- committee members regularly communicate with their constituent group;
- recommendations are consistent with the mission of the College; and
- the College actively maintains its participatory governance system.
The Governance Review Council shall:
- conduct an evaluation of the governance system annually or more frequently when deemed necessary by two of the three senates or the Board of Trustees;
- serve as an adjudicating body for any issues having to do with the governance process. All recommendations will be written, justified and distributed to the College Council;
- establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations; and
- recommend to College Council changes and revisions to the Participatory Governance System that are based on evaluation process and recommendations from governance groups consistent with current laws and regulations.
- 2 faculty appointed by the academic senate
- 2 classified staff appointed by official classified staff appointing body.
- 2 students appointed by the student senate
- 2 managers appointed by the superintendent/president
- The chair or co-chairs will be elected from the group.
Sara McKinnon (appointed Fall 2019)
Steve Carrera (appointed Spring 2020)
Jon Gudmundsson, appointed Fall 2017
David Snyder, Dean of Arts and Humanities, appointed Fall 2016
Angela Olmanson, Program Administrator of Health Sciences, appointed Fall 2016