Committee within PGS
The Guidance, Resources, Integration, and Transformation (GRIT) Committee operates in collaboration with PRAC and the Academic Senate to support College of Marin's commitment to providing equitable opportunities and fostering success for all members of our diverse community. GRIT reviews institutional plans, program reviews, and data to ensure that equity and access are embedded in all plans and programs and that resources and efforts support overall student success, including credit and noncredit ESL and basic skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Convene responsible parties working on the goals as outlined in the most recent Integration Plan to ensure alignment of efforts and the sharing of data and resources.
- Review internal and external research and promising practices relating to equity with regard to access, retention, success, and completion.
- Provide progress reports in accordance with the Chancellor’s Office guidelines to local and statewide stakeholders.
- Identify, promote, and disseminate information on exemplary programs and effective practices in serving academically underprepared and historically underrepresented community college students.
- Support faculty and staff professional development and innovative instructional strategies aligned with the Integration Plan.
- Minimum 4 Faculty
- Minimum 4 Classified
- Minimum 2 Administrators
- Minimum 2 Students
The GRIT Committee make-up will be members who represent the following:
- Math (Faculty)
- English Skills (Faculty)
- ESL (Faculty)
- Counseling/Learning Communities (Faculty)
- Administrative Dean
- Equity Coordinator/Student Activities and Advocacy
- Student Accessibility Services
- Enrollment Services
- CTE/Strong Workforce