The Professional Learning Committee (PLC) operates as a subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee. The PLC is responsible for overseeing professional learning planning, programs and evaluation in support of the College Mission, institutional plans and initiatives, accreditation and legal requirements. The committee will utilize the resources and expertise of the office of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness, Human Resources, Campus Police and other departments as appropriate.
- Develop a professional learning plan consistent with the College Mission, Educational Master Plan, other institutional plans, accreditation standards and legal requirements.
- Set directions and make recommendations for professional learning activities to meet the needs of College employees.
- Establish guidelines and procedures for professional learning activity proposals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of professional learning and make recommendations for improvement.
- Establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations.
- Two (2) faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
- Two (2) classified professionals appointed by the Classified Professional Liaison Committee (CPLC)
- Two (2) students appointed by the Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM)
- Two (2) administrators appointed by the Superintendent/President
- The Chair or Co-chairs will be elected from the group.
- The Professional Learning Faculty Coordinator and the Professional Learning Program Administrator will serve as staff resources.
Beth Patel (Chair)
Danila Musante, appointed Spring 2020
Gina Longo, appointed Fall 2015
Shook Chung, appointed Fall 2017
Allyson Martinez, appointed Fall 2020
Connie Siegenthaler, appointed Fall 2018
Stacey Lince, appointed Spring 2015
Tea Perales, appointed Fall 2019
Connie Lehua, appointed Fall 2016
Cari Torres-Benavides, appointed Fall 2020
Tonya Hersch, appointed Fall 2016
Carol Hernandez, appointed Fall 2017
Oliver Reyes, appointed Fall 2020