The Planning and Resource Allocation Committee (PRAC) provides oversight and makes recommendations for institutional planning and resource allocation, linking program reviews and strategic planning to the resources needed to accomplish college goals. PRAC reviews all plans and recommendations made by participatory governance committees and ensures their compliance with board policy and planning priorities.
- Ensure that the college’s planning process supports student success.
- Align Board goals and priorities with college plans and the budget process.
- Ensure that the planning process is broad-based, offers opportunities for input by appropriate constituencies, allocates necessary resources, and leads to the improvement of institutional effectiveness.
- Review and make recommendations for the tentative budget for resources, including all assets of the college; fiscal resources, facilities, equipment, and personnel resources.
- Prepare planning recommendations and decisions consistent with the Education Code, the mission, vision and values of the college, accreditation standards, and strategic institutional planning priorities.
- Using the forecast of available resources provided by Fiscal Services, work with the Program Review Committee to set parameters for program reviews and administrative work plans.
- Recommend budget resource allocations based on the strategic plan and requests presented in the instructional program reviews, student services program reviews, and administrative program reviews.
- Make recommendations for long-term budget planning, revenue and expense assumptions.
- Recommend allocations from supplementary resources.
- Review and make recommendations for adjustments between approved funding and actual expenditures.
- Establish appropriate timelines and processes, assess success after the plans are implemented, and report the activities and results.
- Follow the timeline and processes described in the Integrated Planning Manual for the review of programs and the allocation of resources.
- Review all college plans and other related or pertinent documents and forward recommended changes to the Superintendent/President.
- Make recommendations for the tentative budget and forward the tentative budget to the Superintendent/President.
- Use documented assessment results to set funding priorities and recommend program improvements.
- Provide oversight of the subcommittees and ad hoc committees of PRAC.
- Analyze the recommendations in the Educational Master Plan and set the college’s long-term priorities.
- Provide oversight for the development of the Strategic Plan, including strategic objectives and action steps for each college priority.
- Provide oversight for instructional program reviews, student services program reviews, and administrative program reviews.
- Forward committee reports and resolutions to the Superintendent/President as recommendations and to College Council as information items.
- Review prior year budgets and develop budget assumptions that forecast the available resources for the coming fiscal year.
- Seven (7) faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
- Three (3) classified professionals appointed by the Classified Senate
- Two (2) students appointed by the Student Senate
- Two (2) administrators appointed by the Superintendent/President
- The Senior Vice President of Student Learning and Student Services, who will serve as a non-voting co-chair except in the case of a tie
- The President of the Academic Senate (or designee), who will serve as a non-voting co-chair except in the case of a tie
- One (1) staff resource from Fiscal Services, who is a non-voting member
- One (1) staff resource from Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness, who is a non-voting member
- The Senior Vice President of Student Learning and Student Services and the President of the Academic Senate will serve as co-chairs.
- The Co-chairs will work together to set agendas and conduct meetings.
- The Co-chairs will be non-voting, except in the case of a tie vote by the committee, in which case the co-chairs will have a total of one vote with which to break the tie. If they cannot agree to vote together to break the tie with their one vote, they will refer the matter to the Superintendent/President.
Jonathan Eldridge, Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Student Learning & Success
Meg Pasquel, Academic Senate President
Juan Miguel Hojilla
Jon Horinek, Dean of Enrollment Services
Greg Nelson, Vice President of Finance and College Operations