The Technology Committee operates as a subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee (PRAC) to assure staff and faculty involvement in technology planning and provide guidance for major technological decisions. The Committee will make recommendations to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee regarding technology-related issues and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide oversight for the development, implementation, and updating of an integrated Technology Plan.
- Review and develop technology-related policies for the District.
- Make specific recommendations to the superintendent/president on the use of technology throughout the District with regard to both ongoing activities and future direction.
- Inform the College community in[of] advances and opportunities in technology to support teaching and learning.
- Disseminate information about the current activities and future plans in each of the technology areas (Infrastructure, Information Systems, Instructional, and Student Services).
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of the entire technological effort in the District.
- Assess and develop policy on matters such as intellectual property rights, appropriate use of technology, and standards.
- Establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of equipment to support instruction and student areas to the Instructional Equipment Committee and other appropriate groups.
Three (3) classified professionals appointed by the official classified professional appointing body.
One (1) students appointed from the Student Senate.
Two (2) managers appointed by the superintendent/president.
Eight (8) faculty appointed by the Academic Senate, preferably from the following areas:
- Basic Skills/ESL
- Lifelong Learning Programs
- Online Instruction
- Technical Discipline
- Transfer Programs
- Workforce Development/Career Programs
The Chair or Co-Chairs will be elected from the group.
Derek Wilson, Faculty, Chair, appointed Spring 2014
Leah Sharp, Faculty, Chair, appointed Fall 2015
Rachel Klein, appointed Fall 2015
Arthur Lutz, appointed Fall 2015
Steven Newton, appointed Spring 2013
Sheldonn Carroll, appointed Fall 2016
Ferhat Indi, appointed Fall 2016
Stacey Lince, appointed Fall 2015
Patrick Ekoue-totou, appointed Spring 2014
Carol Hildebrand, appointed Fall 2016
Mina Namvar, appointed Fall 2015