The Educational Planning Committee (EPC) operates as a subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee and is responsible for coordinating and setting goals for planning broad educational endeavors at the College. Planning for specific programs and disciplines should continue to be developed at the departmental level, pursuant to the broad parameters of the Educational Master Plan. The Committee will utilize the resources and expertise of the Offices of Student Learning & Success and the Office of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness (PRIE).
Review and recommend new or revised Board Policies and Administrative Procedures related to educational planning.
- Educational Master Plan (EMP)
- Oversee and coordinate the development of the plan.
- Conduct annual review of progress on strategic objectives and Educational Master Plan recommendations and report to PRAC.
- Review and update the remaining Educational Master Plan recommendations during the fall semester preceding the development of the next set of strategic plans. Report new or revised recommendations to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee (PRAC) who will forward them to the College Council.
- Ensure that goals, objectives and specific plans are linked to financial and facilities priorities.
- Ensure compliance with accreditation standards.
3. Identify general educational/student services issues that need to be addressed and refer them to the appropriate committee and/or senate.
4. Establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations.
Seven (7) faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
Two (2) classified staff from the instructional area appointed by the Classified Professional Liaison Committee (CPLC)
Two (2) students appointed by the Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM)
Two (2) administrators appointed by the superintendent/president
(The chair or co-chairs will be elected from the group.)
As a member of the Educational Planning Committee, you will gain insight into all parts of the College, from business operations to instructional programs and learn how the parts of the system intersect. You will monitor planning activity to assure the College is moving in the right direction and be a voice for recommending improvements.
Cara Kreit, (Co-Chair) appointed Fall 2019
Logan Wood, appointed Fall 2021
Emily Fox, appointed Fall 2021
Sara Malmquist-West, appointed Fall 2022
Alison Brier Welch, appointed Fall 2021
Holley Shafer, (Co-Chair) appointed Fall 2021
Julian Solis, appointed Fall 2018
Alina Varona, appointed Fall 2020
Mary Kesler, appointed Fall 2022