Meets (generally) on the last Wednesday of the month.
The Facilities Planning Committee operates as a subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee (PRAC) to ensure faculty, staff, and student involvement by providing feedback, making recommendations, and sharing information regarding the planning, design, construction, upkeep, and use of College-owned facilities to foster an equitable, inclusive, and accessible experience for all constituents.
In alignment with our board policy and procedures, the Facilities Planning Committee acknowledges the college occupancy of indigenous land and honors the protection and history of its cultural elements.
- Review and recommend new or revised facilities-related Board Policies and Administrative Procedures.
- Review and evaluate annual program review data.
- Provide reports for strategic planning and accreditation self-evaluations, as needed.
- Review automated work order system data to ensure preventative maintenance needs and priorities are being addressed as needed.
- Ensure that a Facilities Master Plan (including facilities usage needs based on the Educational Master Plan) is created and updated regularly.
- Review the Facilities Master Plan and any related updates as needed.
- Make recommendations to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee.
- Share and disseminate information on capital renewal (Measure B), capital improvement, facilities renewal, maintenance, and preventative maintenance.
Two (2) faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
Two (2) classified staff appointed by the Classified Professional Liaison Committee (CPLC)
Two (2) students appointed by the Associated Students of College of Marin (ASCOM)
Two (2) administrators appointed by the Superintendent/President
Asst. Superintendent/Vice President, Admin. Services, and the Director of Capital Projects will serve as non-voting staff resources.
The Chair or Co-Chairs will be elected from the group.
Chair, Klaus Christiansen 2017
Stormy Miller 2017
Jeff Cady 2020
Monica Rudolph 2022
Andy Haber 2021
Paul Wilson 2018
Elizabeth K. Tibbets 2022
Maridel Barr 2011
If you wish to contact this committee, please e-mail: email@example.com
Updated October 2021